Quality Medical Answering Services
In general, the average cost to use a quality medical answering service will be $0.87/call, or $141/month. Pricing will mostly be driven by the amount of information you need to be collected from patients or other callers.
Most answering service companies for medical offices will give you a free trial in order to give you an accurate quote of what ongoing services would cost. If you’re ready to be connected with call centers in your area, request free quotes today.
As a doctor, physician, or medical professional every call is important and you must have a live person available to take important patient calls. Our agents will answer your medical calls 24/7/365, schedule appointments, take accurate messages, and best of all your callers will never know they are speaking with a service.
Smart Questions to Ask Before Hiring a Medical Answering Service
- Do you offer flat rate billing (very uncommon these days)?
- Do you charge extra for holidays?
- How many second increments do you bill in (the lower the better)?
- Are you HIPAA compliant? How do you protect patient information?
- Do you have experience answering calls for medical offices?
- Do you offer a free trial?
We know how important first impressions are and at SAS you can always be assured that we only employ highly professional speaking remote receptionists and virtual secretaries. Instantly receive your messages by text to cell, email, or fax. Our HIPAA-compliant Medical Answering Service will collect patient information and assist your clients whenever you’re unavailable to the phone.
Doctors’ Offices and Hospitals tend to constantly have inbound calls for medical matters and those phone calls can oftentimes arrive when doctors, physicians, or nurses are busy or after hours. A professional doctor answering service will lower your overhead and substantially increase your efficiency while providing customer service that your meets or exceeds your competitors.
Live Medical Answering Service Support
|Physicians||Dentists and Dental Offices|
|Prescription Assistance||Emergency Call Handling|
|Appointment Setting Services||Patient Customer Service|
SAS will help to provide you with state-of-the-art HIPAA-compliant medical answering services for a small fraction of what you’d expect to pay. Never miss another call and enjoy customized call routing features, after-hours and emergency call answering, professional live operators on holidays, nights, and weekends, appointment setting, and other affordable call center services. So whether you are looking for a flat rate phone answering service, call screening, or call overflow we have solutions for small businesses and fortune 500 companies that will deliver the best service that is surpassed by none.
Top Reasons to Use a Doctor Answering Service
Doctors are busy people and the last thing they need to do is deal with incoming calls. However much a doctor tries to cater to patients’ calls, keeping up with them is simply impossible and what’s even worse is that the calls come in regardless of whether or not you were on call all night. If the demand for your time as a doctor is becoming unbearable then it is time you consider taking up the services of a virtual assistant or in this case an answering service. Custom solutions are available for all specialties.
- Dental Offices
- Sports Medicine
Many doctors are probably thinking voice mail works just fine. Well, it doesn’t and we have proof. Studies show that about 80% of callers do not leave voice messages. Now if you get about five voice mails every time your phone is off, that may be just 20% of those who needed you. People do not like talking to machines and when it comes to health-care you can imagine that the number of those leaving voice messages is much lower because they are probably in too much pain to leave a voice message.
One of the major misconceptions doctors have when it comes to medical answering services is that their patients will not get the help they need as these are not medical professionals. While it’s true that those on the other end of the answering service are not professionals, what you don’t know is that they are highly skilled to handle various situations. Answering services can help organize your schedule by giving you information on emergencies in a fast manner. If for example, the caller needs urgent medical advice, you can rest assured that the answering service will inform you immediately. In other words, the calls are screened and this means that you will not be woken simply because a patient has a headache. That said it’s important that we point out that all incoming calls are given equal priority and this means that no call will go unattended. This means that though most of the calls that a doctor receives are not emergencies, the answering service staff are trained to handle both normal and emergency situations.
What Can A Doctor’s Answering Service Do For You?
Medical answering services enable doctors to:
- Treat patients without distracting calls: Patients want to get 100% attention and this means that you don’t have to keep receiving calls when treating your patients since you have an answering service to handle these.
- Provide immediate emergency response: Answering services screen your calls and as mentioned earlier, you will not be woken up during the wee hours of the night to attend to a manageable situation. Emergencies on the other hand are effectively communicated to the doctor and they can therefore be handled with speed for an immediate response.
- Provide a more personal experience for the patient: An answering service provides a more personal experience to your patients. Doctors have immense competition especially when they are located in metropolitan areas. Having an answering service means that you are able to attend to all your patients with speed and ease since as we have already identified, people do not like dealing with an unfriendly tone or prerecorded voice mail.
- Save costs: As a doctor, you could save a lot with an answering service. This is because you do not have to hire additional staff to handle he calls as this would be an extra expense for your practice. If you are understaffed, you don’t have to hire additional personnel since the answering service has the capacity to handle all your calls effectively even when there is a sudden need for your services.
- Enhance reliability: An answering service enhances reliability to your patients especially if you run a large clinic or during after-hour calls. Answering services can help make your practice accessible at any time of the day.
- Improve patient satisfaction levels: This is undoubtedly one of the major benefits that come with an answering service. Doctors’ answering services help coordinate the doctor’s schedule by maintaining a proper log of all incoming patients and therefore make it easier for the doctor to schedule his or her day. This means that there will be no incidences of double booking, overbooking, or long gaps in between appointments. They essentially create a smooth-flowing clinic and consequently enhance patient satisfaction levels. The services could also help the doctor recognize problematic patients who frequently reschedule or cancel appointments.
Hiring more personnel for the front desk could mean a major dent in a doctor’s finances. You can save on costs while making your practice more productive with a medical answering service.